Wirral Growth is an upcoming ambitious development located in Birkenhead. The 15-year development scheme will ultimately comprise of over 1.5 million square feet of floorspace, both commercial and residential, across ten plots.
Chartrange were delighted to be the first contractor appointed on the scheme, delivering the earthworks and drainage diversion package.
We supported Morgan Sindall by attending ‘Wirral Growth Connected’ – a social value event where we met with local supply chains and members of the public seeking to get on board with the scheme, through both supply chain engagement and new employment opportunities.
Scope of works
• Site Clearance – 4915 m2
• Excavate to reduced level to pile formation – 1617m3
• Excavate and break up relic basement, concrete piles and caps – 3674m3
• Break up existing slab – 1090m3
• Cart material to stockpile for screening and crushing to site won material – 3674m3
• Lay site won material type 1 piling platform, 300mm thick – 1474m3
• Cart away surplus material – 1083m3
• Dust suppression and monitoring to site, use of wheel wash and road sweeper
• Earthwork support, disposal, backfilling with sand bed and surround, marker tape, MOT Type 1 and compaction.
• 250m 90mm nominal size, 600mm depth
• 4no BT Draw pits
• Connection into exisiting BT chambers
• CCTV drainage survey
• 225mm – 750mm diameter pipes, up to 3.25m depth
• Alteration and grubbing up to exisiting drainage and manholes, up to 3.25m depth
• Pre cast concrete manholes comprising excavation, disposal, earthwork support, compaction, 225mm thick in situ concrete base, chamber rings, in situ concrete surround 150mm thick, cover slab, raising courses in class b engineering brick, cast iron cover and frames – Up to 2400mm x 3088mm depth