Chartrange have been appointed as Principal Contractor by Countryside Properties to undertake and supervise the demolition, remediation and earthworks in order to prepare for a new housing development which is utilising brownfield derelict land in order to meet local government housing targets. The site will ultimately deliver 127 properties, inclusive of the all associated roads, sewers and utility services alongside an element of section 278 works.
Scope of works
• Mill 1 & 2 – Demolition to slab including removal/disposal of wastes.
• Full asbestos removal – non licensed and licenced.
• Hand demolish section of boundary wall adjacent to existing reservoir.
Breaking out foundations / below ground obstructions • Removal of foundations associated with the demolished buildings
• Removal of chimney bases, one existing and one historic
• Removal of potential relic foundations, drainage and other impediments.
Earthworks• Crush, process, screen and stockpile for re-use concrete slabs associated with building, external concrete slabs and external concrete paving
• Turnover made ground, fills site wide to ensure the removal of all obstructions and identification of contamination
• Deal with all contaminated soils
• Deal with all tanks and interceptors
• Deal with all matters and issues relating to the infilled reservoir located on site including environmental protection during demolition.
• Reassurance air monitoring
• Dust suppression
• Cutting from high areas to form the required site profile
• Collect and place a proportion of the site-won crush 6F2 as general fills to make up part of the earth works deficit and assist the delivery of vibro and driven piled foundation solutions.
• Collect site-won crush 6F2 and haul
• Importation of certified clean granular material suitable for piling through to deliver the required profile.
• Place crush 6F2 to form 300mm thick pile mats to plots plus 2m offset.
• Place crush 6F2 to form 300mm thick capping layer to roads plus 1/2m offset
• Place crush for 6 by 4 clean (processed or imported) to 300mm thick haul roads plus 1/2m offest at 5% CBR to construct plots 47-58 & 1-10.
• Final trim operation to form the remediated profile
• CBR testing
• As-built surveys
• Importation of suitable certified subsoils